ABOUT SARA SINGS JAZZ
Welcome! My name is Sara Oschlag and I’m a Danish vocalist resident in Brighton, East Sussex. I’ve been a professional singer since 2003, performing live music with my jazz bands all over the UK, Europe and America; performing in jazz groups at weddings, corporate events, birthdays, private parties and anniversaries, as well as hotel residencies, cruise ships, jazz festivals, jazz clubs and more.
I sing in a variety of bands, all available to hire through Sara Sings Jazz. We are professional, experienced jazz musicians, who can play to suit the mood of your event, whether it’s relaxed jazz and bossa nova for your wedding reception or up-beat swing for the company Christmas party.
If you are looking to hire a professional live jazz band to play at your special occasion, then check out the VIDEOS and MUSIC links lower down on this page. Hire one of the jazz bands I perform with – listed below – to make your special occasion extra special! If you have any questions or if you would like some help choosing the right band for you, please get in touch by email: email@example.com or call me on 07748 386706.
JAZZ BANDS FOR HIRE
SO Trio – three piece live jazz band for hireVocals with guitar and double bass. An excellent choice for your wedding reception, private party or music festival. We don't take up much room and can set up and pack away in 10 minutes. The whole band fits in one car, which makes SO trio a great choice economically and environmentally. We are also available as vocal and guitar only; called SO Duo, which suits most spaces and budgets.
SO Quartet – four piece live jazz band for hireAdd saxophone to give a fuller sound. Suits the same events as SO Trio. This is the band for you if you also want to get up and dance. Both SO Trio and SO Quartet play songs from the repertoire of jazz standards and classic bossa novas.
Jonny Hepbir Quartet – four piece live/gypsy jazz bandThis is a popular gypsy jazz band that I sing with. Two guitars and double bass in the Hot Club of Paris style. Great option for your wedding entertainment or themed party.
Wells trioThis is a meeting of three like-minded musicians who like to study the classic jazz standards songbook. Highly professional, classy & swinging
Rockin in Rhythm – up to eight piece swing bandA spectacular 1930s and 40s swing band, playing music from the big band era. Think Glen Miller, Duke Ellington and Count Basie - think The Great Gatsby.The band comes in various sizes, depending on your needs. This band is perfect for dancing as it can include drums.
Three Little Birds – six piece live jazz bandThree-part harmony vocal group backed by a jazz trio consisting of saxophone, guitar and double bass. Original arrangements and harmonies - enhancing and re-inventing established songs from the jazz and bossa nova repertoire. This group suits more intimate settings.
Click on my live jazz band sound clips below
- SO Trio – ‘In A Mellow Tone’
- SO Trio – ‘Brigas Nunca Mais’
- SO Quartet – ‘Straighten Up & Fly Right’
- SO Quartet – ‘Honeysuckle Rose’
- Johnny Hepbir Quartet – ‘After You’ve Gone’
- Three Little Birds – ‘Till There Was You’
- Sara Oschlag – ‘The Night Has A Thousand Eyes’
Click on my live jazz band video links below on
- SO Trio – Showreel Live recording, showcasing our repertoire and arrangements.
- SO Quartet – ‘Let there be Love’ Recorded at The Verdict Jazz Club, a great song for a first dance!
- Rockin’ In Rhythm – ‘At Last’ Recorded at The Verdict Jazz Club, a classic jazz tune with a beautiful horn arrangement.
- Jonny Hepbir Quartet – ‘Take the A-Train’ Recorded in the studio – Fantastic jazz arrangement. Nice and up-beat number.
- Jonny Hepbir Quartet – ‘Live medley’ A live jazz recording. A medley of some great numbers.
- Three Little Birds – ‘But Not For Me’ Recorded during “Live Jazz Livingroom” Original arrangement of a well-known jazz tune.
- “The Sara Oschlag Band (SO trio) were professional, courteous and easy to deal with. Their live jazz music provided the perfect backdrop for a convivial evening” Allison Mennecier, Divisional Business Manager, Savills
- “You guys are good, really good!” Sir Paul McCartney
- “I’m not much of a one for singers, me. They mostly bring on the old white-knuckle ride: worries about intonation, control, timbre, diction, not to mention the embarrassment of witnessing an ego so dangerously exposed. No such difficulties with Sara Oschlag, whose delightful performances have lit up numerous gigs at the Verdictand whose turn with Jonny Hepbir Quartet recently stole the club’s bandstand show at Love Supreme Festival. Never is there any doubt about Sara’s accuracy or timing, never any hesitation or hitch in her natural swing feel; she exactly knows her range and effortlessly works within it. Result: white knuckles relax into tapping feet and bobbing head, while egophobia gives way to charmed fascination, for besides being a fine, hip jazzer, she’s sassy, witty and cute. I love a good singer, don’t you?” Andy Lavender, Proprietor, The Verdict Jazz Club
- “Hi Sara, We had the most amazing day and both the bands were brilliant! Even the staff at Caravan said how much they enjoyed the music. Thank you for your help in organising it. Many thanks, Anna”
- “The Brighton jazz scene has had a boost with the arrival of the exciting young singer Sara Oschlag. Since the Danish-born singer relocated to Brighton she has lit up the local scene and been warmly welcomed by its musicians. She displays a maturity beyond her years in her song selection as well as her interpretation and whether swinging hard or caressing a ballad, Sara takes the listener on a journey, breathing new life into the old standards. I urge fans to catch one of Sara’s gigs and, in the meantime, check out her dazzling album: “My Little Boat” which whets the appetite for the future of this great young singer.” Jim Mullen
- “Hi Sara, many thanks to you and your group. Stan and I are still humming ‘I Get A Kick’ 3 weeks later! Can you tell me how to buy your CDs? SO Quartet created a lovely atmosphere last Saturday – the perfect balance! Will definitely have you back next year! Thanks again, Michael”
- “Dearest Sara, Thank you very much for making my surprise birthday so special! Everybody kept talking about you for weeks after and John was really impressed with your professionalism and utter charm. Same time next year? Kind regards, Ellen, John & the family”
Get in touch today on 07748 386706 or email